Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One journey ends, another begins - LWC Day 1

It is with immense sadness that I announce that my dearest husband Callum passed away on Monday, July 11 at about 5:45 pm.  He was surrounded by his family and love.

We are truly heartbroken. There is no way to really prepare for the hurt that comes after losing such a wonderful man. We can be glad that he no longer is suffering, but it just doesn't seem fair to lose him so soon.

There are many more painful moments to come, but we will have many wonderful and treasured memories to help heal our hearts.  He did not want us to be sad he died, but to be glad he lived and celebrate.

Funeral services will be held in Medicine Hat on Thurs. July 14, 2 pm at Saamis Memorial Funeral Chapel, and in Brandon, MB on Monday, July 18 at 10 am at Memories Funeral Chapel. Please contact me for any more information.


"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force."
YODA, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you during your time of grief. Gentle hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Lorna. You are in my thoughts

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sincerest condolences. I pray you feel much love and strength in the days to come. My heart truly aches for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorna, You and I were never formally introduced while Cal was working at the News, but I have been reading your blogs and have been receiving copies of your updates. There are no words that can describe what I think of your courage, and the love and compassion displayed at the funeral today and throughout your jorney. Jamie, there are not too many sons who can say the things you said today and it brought tears to my eyes. As you think on this week and others, laugh when you want to laugh, cry when you want to cry, and know that you are not alone, that there are many who are thinking of you. Coni

    ReplyDelete