Thursday, July 21, 2011

LWC Day 10

Wow.....so hard to believe it has been 10 days since my sweetie Callum passed away.  I miss him so much.  I continue to feel him ear and am sure I hear him every now and then.  There are so many memories. We had lunch today at the Clear Lake Golf course, overlooking the 9th green.  From the little we could see the golf course is in great shape.  It gave me the "golf itch" a little bit more.  And then I started remembering all the Tamarack golf tourneys. Walking around the golf course while Callum played his matches. The stubborn 9th green was always good for a few laughs...and a couple of curses!!  It seems like I am missing part of my own body.  I think these must be the start of the toughest days. No more service planning, but  still having to call so many businesses to change names and submit insurance claims.  I have been closer to tears today than nearly any other day.  These are the first days of my new life and they suck. It just sucks.  I am so happy I decided to spend time at Clear Lake with Vanessa and family. It has been so nice to not be alone this week. And Cade is fun!  It's been a good week....considering.....

TTFN
Lorna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorna,

    Dorothy and I think of you daily. It is hard to believe it's been 11 days now. Every day this week I have received many cards and calls of Sympathy and Condolences from friends. While these are nice gestures it just confirms what I really don't want confirmed. I should be calling Cal to see what he thinks of the conditions at the Canadian open this week and what he thinks of the new logo released today for the Winnipeg Jets or Tiger firing his caddie Steve Williams. I agree 100% it sucks... knowing Cal is no longer in pain lessens the hurt somewhat but not completely. Glad you enjoyed your time at the lake and had some fond memories. Stay strong and call if you need anything. I know you have lots to do, just remember there is lots of room for you here along with a driving range and golf course just waiting for you to test it out.

    Al & Dorothy

    ReplyDelete