Saturday, July 16, 2011

LWC Day 4 - heartbreak

The week has been quite busy and emotional. We managed to get all preparations done for Callum's memorial service in Medicine Hat on Thursday.  We packed up and I am now in Brandon, looking forward to a couple days of relaxation before the service on Monday.  It was a great day for driving- I am so glad I took the Porsche.  I was able to drive with the lid down the whole way!  A nice hot summer day, beautiful   blue sky.  I like to think Callum had something to do with the great weather and such a wonderful trip. It is still feeling surreal - I know he isn't here, but I can feel him near. There have been  more moments of reality today - a long drive can get the mind working more clear.  I miss him so much.  Still so many tears to cry.  I am so thankful to be surrounded by my loving family - it helps.  But my heart aches. I just want to hold him one more time....to hug him one more time... to kiss him one more time...to say I love you one more time.  But it is over...at least the worldly physical part.  One day at a time.....one day at a time....maybe one hour..or one minute at a time....

TTFN
Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment