Wednesday, April 11, 2012

9 months LWC

Well, I planned to start this blog with some updates - things Callum and the rest of you would like to know.  I have had many sad moments over the last 9 months, but this sadness was compounded tonight when I checked my blog main page, and found out another person I had been following passed away in late March, and another has just found out her cancer is back - in abdomen and lungs. Stage 4. No cure.  I hate this f'n disease!  I was following the blogs of 5 people, and 4 have passed away!  I feel so sad for those families - only 2 of those 4 were over 50 years of age.  Maybe they will all meet in the next world and help us find a cure for this damn disease!  I think this is a good time to listen to the Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto - something many of us relate to.

Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto

It has been 9 months since Callum passed away.  I am better at learning to live without him, but it still is hard many days. Every time I make a big decision on my own I wonder what he would think. I really hope he would be proud of me, even if he scratches his head at me!

It was a big day for me.  I have sold my house and found out today that all the conditions have come off so it is a done deal!  Now I will be busy packing as the new owners take possession on April 28.  I found an older, but nice an clean, duplex to live in while my new house is being built. I know many of you are looking at your computers and going "What???!!!??".   Please be assured, I know what I am doing. I have been waiting since 2007 to build a house.  I just didn't have the energy in the fall. With the help of a great friend I bought the house at a great price and made a few dollars for myself when I sold it. Not bad for 7 months!

I am finished the core classes for starting my business - now the real hard work starts!

Today was a low key but fun day. I relaxed a bit and then tidied the house before the home inspection this afternoon.  I had an appointment with my trainer (upped the weights today....ouch!)  and then went to the park with Vanessa, Cade and Rowan.  We had a lot of fun!  ( I had to show drooley Rowan!)






I know Cade would have had so much fun with his Grandad - I can't help but feel ripped off.  These two gorgeous boys deserve to have him here. As do all of us. But it is not to be.  We all miss him so much. LIfe goes on, but it will never be as it once was.

April is cancer month.....please, please, please do everything you can to prevent this dreadful and deadly disease.  Stop smoking. Exercise. Eat better. Lower your stress. See your doctor regularly. Know your body.  About 60% of cancers can be prevented through good lifestyle choices.  Changes don't have to happen overnight, but PLEASE choose something to change!

Do whatever you can so that you might not  have to go through the chaos of this disease, so you are here for your children and grandchildren.

OK - I'm getting off my soapbox.

You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.”  Jim Rohn

TTFN
Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment