Friday, August 12, 2011

LWC- Month 2 - memories

Well, the first month without Callum is over.  On we go into the 2nd month.

We had our toast last night - well, a couple of toasts and shared some memories.Vanessa, Stuart and Cade, Jamie,  Callum's parents, his aunt and uncle from Scotland and my sister and brother-in-law were here last night so we had a great time of reminiscing. We talked about his love of cars, and how he usually didn't ask his dad for advice on buying a car. That might tell you about the wisdom of some of his choices!! I think Jamie quite aptly came up with one trait of his dad. He said, "dad was quite understanding about things, but there came a point where we had to understand him."

Many people replied to my request for a toast day on the one month anniversary.  I have heard amazing stories from a lot of places.  It is quite humbling, actually. I shared most of them with the family - it was heartwarming and brought a few tears to our eyes. Feel free to continue the toast on anniversary days or whenever you like. He may have left our worldly place, but I am determined that he never be forgotten.
Thank you to everyone who has replied so far!  Please keep sending stories, it is a wonderful way to keep his memory alive and for me to learn even more about my wonderful husband.

To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die.
~Thomas Campbell, Hallowed Ground



TTFN
Lorna 










No comments:

Post a Comment