Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stepping Forward

It has been a very busy and high stress week.  With the sale of the condo I am renting I was on the hunt for a house. I looked and looked and looked again. On Tuesday and Wednesday I changed my mind on my favourite  house every hour.  I am so thankful for my real estate advisor and my financial advisor - I ended up with a great house deal. I have a new place to live on September 30! Well, I will likely take a couple of weeks to move, but the house will be mine as of Sept. 30.  One very, very stressful thing is out of the way.

This didn't come without tears.  I found I really, really missed Callum during this process. I make many decisions with emotion and intuition. I am not necessarily emotional when making decisions, but there was certainly a wide range of emotions this week. I pretty much lived on Advil and Tylenol for 5 days. I really missed the logical, practical input Callum would have. That's where my advisors helped me so much.  They helped me stay focused on my goal of making a sound financial decision.

One of my biggest fears was that I would make a really bad decision when buying a house - I don't trust my judgement at this time. I now have a new home, and if it ends up to not work for me, I got a good enough deal that I should be able to sell it recoup all my costs. Thank goodness for great friends and family in helping me with house hunting and making a decision.

I must also thank Matt Teel from Royalty Lepage. Matt stood by my side while looking at virtually every listed  house in my budgetnorth of the river. Matt treated me with utmost repect and always kept my interests his priority.  And he will now be my neighbor - he lives 1/2 block from me! I look forward to continuing his friendship and when I am ready to sell, he be my first call. keep his name in mind if you know of anyone in Medicine Hat looking to sell or buy a house - Matt Teel, Royalty Lepage

Through all of this I had such conflicting feelings of being supported and yet being so alone. I am not yet used to being alone, and here I was trying to choose a place to take a step forward on my new life journey.  Usually people start out with baby steps, but, as is typical for me, I start with the giant step.

Just for fun, go to life stressor questionnaire and see where you score.  I was quite surprised at my score!  If you share your score with me I will share mine with you!
I am definitely in a very high stress time right now.  I will start working on increasing both my emotional and physical health. I can't believe weak my whole body is. I have a long way to go, but I must get started before the next high stress events come - moving into the place here, and the sale of the Saskatoon home and moving from there.

I also received my letter of dismissal from my job in Saskatoon.  They have restructured the position and I no longer fit the qualifications. I had previous discussions with my board and had decided this would be for the best.

So, when I woke up Friday morning I was technically homeless and unemployed. Thank good ness by the end of Friday I had fixed the homeless issue!  And I am not anxious to become employed - I am looking at some other options.

It will be times like this that I miss my other brain. One of the reasons Callum and I worked so well together is that we blended all things needed for decisions - emotion, intuition, logic and practicality. I now have access to only my half - I must call in the troops to help with the rest. I guess that is what they are for.

2 steps forward, 1 back sometimes.  The journey must go forward, even in baby steps.

To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping

TTFN
Lorna

1 comment:

  1. 201 nothing major. Glad you have been getting things sorted out. I am off go Alberta tomorrow. Bad day for me today hope yours was better.

    ReplyDelete