Monday, August 2, 2010

Jungle Safari

Well, I spend most of the weekend on a jungle safari. Well, not really! I had to find my flower garden. It had become terribly overgrown with weeds and grass. A job well done, if I say so myself!




Callum was wonderful today. He made both lunch and nearly all of supper! It was such a treat. He does drive me crazy, though. He was told not to weight bear on his leg as the weight of his body could break it. But he felt better enough today to have a few moments in the kitchen without crutches. He assures me he isn't putting weight on it, or at least not much, but how do you even take 2 or 3 steps without putting some weight on it?  He really is trying hard, but I think sometimes it is just habit. I do really truly fear though, that as the pain relief comes, he will consider the bone to be better able to weight bear and he will use the crutches less and less. And increase the risk of breaking the bone. I nag and nag - so much that he told me today that I am just like the Gulf oil spill - I just keep spewing!  We had a good laugh. I don't want to discourage him from helping out - I love it! I just don't want him to get hurt doing it. I don't want to see him in the hospital in a cast and in more pain than he has been. I guess it will just take time, and maybe some reminders from the Docs!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment