Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good days....

The past week or so has had its ups and downs.  The dust has settled after the Palliative Home Care referral and we are getting closer to our "normal" schedule.  I don't even really remember what normal is, to tell the truth! Callum had chemo on Aug 11th - it seemed to go fine. He has had a bit more fatigue than the last time, but we are sure it is mostly from the radiation, coupled with the chemo treatment. He has far less pain in his leg and only takes pain meds at night now.  He had his bone scan last week and we likely will have results this week - although I am thinking I might try to see if I can be patient enough to wait until the Dr visit on the 30th! Nothing really changes with his treatment, regardless of the results. So, do we need to know any earlier? Who am I kidding?! I am sure I will be phoning later this week.

My brother and family, and my nephew, were up visiting for a couple of days. It was so nice to have them here. We have stayed home for a few weeks and have pretty much caught our breath from the busy fun we had in July.

Callum had a pretty good day today and was able to take the Porsche for a drive. I don't think he has driven it since June! We were both happy campers to have him behind the wheel! His crutches fit nicely in the trunk so when he is up to it he can be independently mobile. He came with me to pick up the hand held shower and then we went out for dinner. It was an awesome day!

He is scheduled for chemo next week, and we are heading out to Medicine Hat later in the week for a fundraising pig roast hosted by my brother. We will have a pretty good sized family presence there this year - I am sure it will be a lot of fun!!


"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."   -  Groucho Marx

TTFN
Lorna

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful and amazing story to tell Lorna. We have added your blog to our "stories of inspiration and beauty" section on our website. We hope you dont mind us helping you share your love and inspiration.

    You can view it at:http://showerchair.biz/shower-chair-users-stories-of-inspiration-and-beauty/cancer-chemo-and-the-loving-caretaker/

    Smiles and Hugs,

    Dennis
    http://showerchair.biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dennis,

    I am wondering how we would get to that link from your site.

    I think we are OK with sharing our story, but I am not sure how this all works.

    ReplyDelete