Saturday, September 20, 2008

chemo takes hold

This has been the roughest day Callum has ever had on chemo. He is still managing to eat, but is very nauseas and had no energy today. He is sleeping quite a bit - I think that is mostly to cope with the nausea. The chemo taste in his mouth seems to be quite bad today. We are sure hoping that he perks up tomorrow. Monday is our 29th wedding anniversary and we are both hoping he is well enough to go out and celebrate. The odds were against us staying married this long, but we did it - might we once again beat the odds and be able to kiss cancer good bye? Wouldn't that be great? As you can imagine it was a very quiet house today. One of the ladies at the StarPhoenix gave Callum some apples and said they would be great for pies so I made two apple pies tonight. I also made a pecan pie - one of Callum's favourites. I spent some time putting some computer files on an external hard drive in the hopes of speeding up our computer. I am not sure that is the outcome....but I am still working on a couple of things. Tomorrow we will spend watching the singles matches at the Ryder Cup. It looks like it will be an exciting finish to the tournament....I love match play! I am sitting here yawning so I guess I should find my way to bed. Tomorrow is another day.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment