Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What Cancer Cannot Do

At the doctor's visit last week we found out the cancer in Callum's lungs has grown. There is a small spot on the liver that is suspected to be cancer, but not confirmed. What this means is that he will no longer have treatment. There are no further drugs to try and no clinical trials for which he is eligible.

We are doing OK - pretty much, anyway.  The doctor would not give any prognosis or estimate life expectancy at this point. He only said that with not having the side effects from chemo, and with the cancer currently growing fairly slow that he might be able enjoy spring and summer.

I am not quite ready to write much more than this right now - but I do have a video to share. I hope you like it.  Feel free to share the video if you like - it is also on YouTube and my Facebook page.




TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Lorna,

    Your video is great - your latest news not so great :-(

    Cal has beaten the odds so many times. I feel that 'might be able to enjoy spring and summer' could well turn out to be 'might see autumn and winter'

    Your man has such courage and has fought so hard that it's wise not to have the prognosis - for it would surely be wrong.

    I hope with all my heart that you are both coping as well as possible.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete